My photo

"Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard." Anne Sexton 

Heather Brager is a critically acclaimed juggler of calamity, an accomplished procrastinator, and shuffler of idioms. Her poetry and drawings can be found in various digital and print journals around the globe, and on the web.  She currently resides in New England and prefers the precipice of where the Atlantic meets the sand to the official looking office where she spends most of her time. 

Friday, July 12, 2013

the trap.



your eyes confiscate
and I am dissuaded
in my mind, I am escaping to flee
where there is only truth

we do not exist, yet we are pieces of a puzzle

I am and you are
a cancer in our cells
a crow to a window
a wasp to the windshield
as I imagine and draw
the route back to you

I am the wasp, trapped
beneath your rocks glass 
losing oxygen and 
drowning in the pool


© 7.12.13 heather brager  

No comments:

Post a Comment