Monday, July 8, 2013

observations and conclusions.

the light is rising in the hot car
I see hands clutching the steering wheel
it occurs to me that they are mine

I reach up to touch the pale blue pearls

my arms are part of a body
the body belongs to a stranger
who is part of all of this

it is quiet aside from the birds

we discuss game theory and chess
whether we strategize our lives
I tell you I am in conflict between
the organic and linear, but
my hands are on your chest

the rapid intake of air
a rise in the tide, and
you could drown

I see tenderness in your eyes
and taste salt on your lips
heat is evaporating the sea off
of our necks and shoulders
we are brand new

we are creating this mess
we crawl up the bank of sand
from the depths

all I can hear is the thud in my ears

our skin is burning
our feet are burning
on a beautiful collection
of microscopic glass


© 7.8.13 heather brager 


2 comments: