My photo

"Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard." Anne Sexton 

Heather Brager is a critically acclaimed juggler of calamity, an accomplished procrastinator, and shuffler of idioms. Her poetry and drawings can be found in various digital and print journals around the globe, and on the web.  She currently resides in New England and prefers the precipice of where the Atlantic meets the sand to the official looking office where she spends most of her time. 

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

lost.

the moon is staring at me
through the window
these dry walls and floor
have become my skin and bones
while I pray tenderness
can save me

we breathed a quiet life
into each empty carcass
while blind, blackened moments
hung us to die
with the skeletons in your closet

now it's 2:47 a.m. with howling wind
and you have abandoned

the white house on the hill

my art on the front lawn

the dead man at the side of the road

I am just the boat in your dream
and there is no saving you.


© 4.13.11 heather brager


1 comment:

  1. that is some powerful feeling. and imagery. thanks for sharing. must have been something to write this.

    ReplyDelete