My photo

"Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard." Anne Sexton 

Heather Brager is a critically acclaimed juggler of calamity, an accomplished procrastinator, and shuffler of idioms. Her poetry and drawings can be found in various digital and print journals around the globe, and on the web.  She currently resides in New England and prefers the precipice of where the Atlantic meets the sand to the official looking office where she spends most of her time. 

Sunday, June 19, 2016

begin.



if I begin writing
poems for you, in the
endless string of moments
lurking in between,
while I stealthily
manipulate pessimism
while I attempt to pacify
the resuscitation of a
recovering and
abandoned, but ever
hopeful seer
in the moments we will
inevitably collide, two
worlds pressing closer than skin
if I am willing to say to you
what you are, instead
of what you are not.
when I begin writing
poems for you, will
you let the phrases
speak on my behalf,
pulling my face closer
by my hair, and taste the words
in my open mouth

© 6.19.2016 heather brager

3 comments:

  1. People tend to avoid playing "what if" as if it was a plague, because they fear the news is not good. In this case, however, whoever this is written to would, no doubt, cross a swinging bridge over a canyon, blind folded, for the hope of what waits on the other side. That is a given.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People tend to avoid playing "what if" as if it was a plague, because they fear the news is not good. In this case, however, whoever this is written to would, no doubt, cross a swinging bridge over a canyon, blind folded, for the hope of what waits on the other side. That is a given.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deep and when a writer , poet ,artist is moved to write it is rhe very breath taken

    ReplyDelete