Monday, May 2, 2016

camera obscura.



driving down hampshire street
passing quiet and empty pubs
strangers opening doorways
near the starlight lounge
I remember the book with a red cover
left in the hands of a beautiful stranger
he is soon to marry
and I am still driving 
down hampshire street 

I see now, more than ever
you are the same as you ever were
and couldn't be more distant
stripped-down, your light gives to lies
and where do I go, where do I go 
when I feel everything 
and know nothing

this man, lost soul hovering above me
I would rearrange my books
this cup of coffee, rye in a glass with a square ice cube
I realize now that searching takes me nowhere
everything I need will find me
the skeleton key is no longer trapped 
inside the kingdom
and I gave you a damn good reason to stay


© 5.2.2016 heather brager

No comments:

Post a Comment