My photo

"Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard." Anne Sexton 

Heather Brager is a critically acclaimed juggler of calamity, an accomplished procrastinator, and shuffler of idioms. Her poetry and drawings can be found in various digital and print journals around the globe, and on the web.  She currently resides in New England and prefers the precipice of where the Atlantic meets the sand to the official looking office where she spends most of her time. 

Thursday, February 4, 2016

february.

through smudged windows, looking northward
over damp landscapes swathed in nightfall
the eye of the mind knows the heart, and
she knows you from another time, a
recollection beneath chasms of flame
ardor pulled tight to your chest, the brazen words
parting quietly with lilies in the morning mist, a
wandering grief veiled behind your eyes


© 2.4.2016 heather brager

2 comments:

  1. I react to your poetry, I think,the way a brain reacts when a person sees their beloved, the brain and neural system light up like the Las Vegas strip. It's as if I'm in love v with your poetry. It delights me intellectually, artistically, and emotionally. I hope you don't think I'm silly.

    ReplyDelete