My photo

"Put your ear down close to your soul and listen hard." Anne Sexton 

Heather Brager is a critically acclaimed juggler of calamity, an accomplished procrastinator, and shuffler of idioms. Her poetry and drawings can be found in various digital and print journals around the globe, and on the web.  She currently resides in New England and prefers the precipice of where the Atlantic meets the sand to the official looking office where she spends most of her time. 

Friday, April 4, 2014

insignia.




you are still a proposal
left dangling loose, often forgotten
you are caught by
a springtime afternoon

and here I am

you are light filtering
through this untidy room
there are remnants of you
in hours I lie awake

reinventing an existence
recapitulating the movements
of shadows
reevaluating it all, again

you are a fiber in this sweater
a flitting smear of red in the bushes
outside of this window,
always outside

and here I am,
here I am

ice melted, a pool
at the bottom of my glass 


© 4.4.2014 heather brager 

No comments:

Post a Comment